The Federation of Yorkshire Commoners and Moorland Graziers
- To be a representative voice to support and protect the commons
- To support better collaboration amongst commoners
- To ensure that hill farming on common land is a worthwhile and viable activity
- To promote positive management of the environment by commoners
- To improve public understanding of the commons
To these ends, to engage with all interested parties to put forward the case of the commoners in a vigorous and constructive manner.